1. Faith is the confidence that what we hope for will actually happen; it gives us assurance about things we cannot see. (Hebrews 11:1 NLT)
2. So faith comes by hearing [what is told], and what is heard comes by the preaching [of the message that came from the lips] of Christ (the Messiah Himself). (Romans 10:17 AMP)
3. For the gospel reveals how God puts people right with himself: it is through faith from beginning to end. As the scripture says, “The person who is put right with God through faith shall live.” (Romans 1:17 GNB)
4. But without faith it is impossible to please and be satisfactory to Him. For whoever would come near to God must [necessarily] believe that God exists and that He is the rewarder of those who earnestly and diligently seek Him [out]. (Hebrews 11:6 AMP)
5. (for we walk by faith, not by sight); (2 Corinthians 5:7 ASV)
6. So also faith, if it does not have works (deeds and actions of obedience to back it up), by itself is destitute of power (inoperative, dead). (James 2:17 AMP)
7. Your faith, then, does not rest on human wisdom but on God’s power. (1 Corinthians 2:5 GNB)
8. Jesus told them, “I tell you the truth, if you had faith even as small as a mustard seed, you could say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it would move. Nothing would be impossible. ” (Matthew 17:20 NLT)
9. For we conclude that a person is put right with God only through faith, and not by doing what the Law commands. (Romans 3:28 GNB)
10. At all times carry faith as a shield; for with it you will be able to put out all the burning arrows shot by the Evil One. (Ephesians 6:16 GNB)
2 responses to “10 Scriptures On Faith”
Great verses, Chris!
Thanks. I’ve decided to do this every Friday.