I enjoy watching shows on TV that restore things that are past their prime and have been sitting hidden for years. There’s something exciting about watching them take something old and worn out and giving it life again. The work is often meticulous and time consuming. When they’re done, I like to see how the value of the item grows exponentially. It makes me want to go to flea markets and garage sales to find items to restore. The problem is I don’t know which items are worth restoring.
When it comes to restoring people, God is the expert. He has the ability to look past our current condition, and can see our potential. If we are willing, He is able to do the work in our life that it takes to bring about a full restoration. He’s not content to leave us in our broken, worn out state. He wants to restore our joy, our hope, our soul, and our life. II Chronicles 16:9 says, “For the eyes of the Lord move to and fro throughout the earth so that He may support those whose heart is completely His” (AMP). God is looking for those He can support through restoration.
Here are some verses in the Bible about restoration.
1. I am the high and holy God, who lives forever. I live in a high and holy place, but I also live with people who are humble and repentant, so that I can restore their confidence and hope.
Isaiah 57:15 GNT
2. Restore to me the joy of Your salvation and uphold me with a willing spirit.
Psalm 51:12 AMP
3. You will restore me to even greater honor and comfort me once again.
Psalms 71:21 NLT
4. I’ll refresh tired bodies; I’ll restore tired souls.
Jeremiah 31:25 MSG
5. if you are so honest and pure, then God will come and help you and restore your household as your reward.
Job 8:6 GNT
6. And the prayer [that is] of faith will save him who is sick, and the Lord will restore him; and if he has committed sins, he will be forgiven.
James 5:15 AMP
7. In just a short time he will restore us, so that we may live in his presence.
Hosea 6:2 NLT
8. And I will restore or replace for you the years that the locust has eaten–the hopping locust, the stripping locust, and the crawling locust, My great army which I sent among you.
Joel 2:25 AMP
9. But you, O Lord, are always my shield from danger; you give me victory and restore my courage.
Psalm 3:3 GNT
10. Restore us, O LORD, and bring us back to you again! Give us back the joys we once had!
Lamentations 5:21 NLT