Life can be very unpredictable. Things can be going well and then the rug gets pulled out from under us. I heard someone say, “All people are in one of three places: in a trial, coming out of a trial or heading for one.” Life is a series of ups and downs. No one gets to stay on top of the mountain forever, no matter what they say on social media.
In my own trials and tests, these scriptures have brought me comfort; I hope they do the same for you.
1. From the ends of the earth, I cry to you for help when my heart is overwhelmed. Lead me to the towering rock of safety, for you are my safe refuge, a fortress where my enemies cannot reach me.
Psalm 61:2-3 NLT
2. May the Lord himself, who is our source of peace, give you peace at all times and in every way. The Lord be with you all.
II Thessalonians 3:16
3. When I walk into the thick of trouble, keep me alive in the angry turmoil. With one hand strike my foes, With your other hand save me. Finish what you started in me, GOD. Your love is eternal—don’t quit on me now.
Psalm 138:7-8 MSG
4. When the righteous cry for help, the Lord hears, and delivers them out of all their distress and troubles.
Psalm 34:17 AMP
5. Be brave. Be strong. Don’t give up. Expect GOD to get here soon.
Psalm 31:24 MSG
6. God is our refuge and strength, A very present help in trouble.
Psalm 46:1 NASB
7. I sought (inquired of) the Lord and required Him [of necessity and on the authority of His Word], and He heard me, and delivered me from all my fears.
Psalm 34:4 AMP
8. The righteous person faces many troubles, but the LORD comes to the rescue each time.
Psalm 34:19 NLT
9. Call to me when trouble comes; I will save you, and you will praise me.
Psalm 50:15 GNB
10. My mind and my body may grow weak, but God is my strength; he is all I ever need.
Psalm 73:26 GNB