I’ve always heard that grace was defined as God’s Redemption At Christ’s Expense. We use grace mainly to talk about God’s ability to cover our sins. Grace is that and more. It’s God’s ability to show us mercy and favor as well. In the days of the New Testament, you will read where Paul used it like that as a greeting and as a way bless those as he ended his letters. Grace is a complex word and idea that we don’t fully understand.
What I do know is that God’s grace is deeper than any sin you’ve committed and stronger than any pain you feel. I like to tell people, “I’ve hit rock bottom in life before, but I’ve never hit the bottom of grace.” No matter how deep my sin or struggles have taken me, I’ve never found the bottom of God’s grace. It has been sufficient for everything I’ve been through and done. I can promise you, it’s enough for what you’ve done and are going through.
Today, I’ve compiled some of my favorite verses on grace to give us a deeper understanding of grace
1. We believe that we are all saved the same way, by the undeserved grace of the Lord Jesus.
Acts of the Apostles 15:11 NLT
2. But if it is by grace (His unmerited favor and graciousness), it is no longer conditioned on works or anything men have done. Otherwise, grace would no longer be grace [it would be meaningless].
Romans 11:6 AMP
3. May the grace of the Lord Jesus be with everyone.
Revelation 22:21 GNT
4. For sin will have no dominion over you, since you are not under law but under grace.
Romans 6:14 ESV
5. GOD is good to one and all; everything he does is suffused with grace.
Psalm 145:9 MSG
6. Timothy (insert your name here), my dear son, be strong through the grace that God gives you in Christ Jesus.
2 Timothy 2:1 NLT (parenthesis is mine)
7. He did this that He might clearly demonstrate through the ages to come the immeasurable (limitless, surpassing) riches of His free grace (His unmerited favor) in [His] kindness and goodness of heart toward us in Christ Jesus.
Ephesians 2:7 AMP
8. Let us have confidence, then, and approach God’s throne, where there is grace. There we will receive mercy and find grace to help us just when we need it.
Hebrews 4:16 GNT
9. Generous in love—God, give grace! Huge in mercy—wipe out my bad record. Scrub away my guilt, soak out my sins in your laundry. I know how bad I’ve been; my sins are staring me down.
Psalm 51:1-3 MSG
10. But He said to me, “My grace (My favor and loving-kindness and mercy) is enough for you [sufficient against any danger and enables you to bear the trouble manfully]; for My strength and power are made perfect (fulfilled and completed) and show themselves most effective in [your] weakness.”
2 Corinthians 12:9 AMP