As I’ve studied great men and women of Faith, they have something in common: they love being in God’s presence. In fact, William Seymour, the man God used to start the Azusa Street revival, moved into the second floor of the warehouse where they were holding revival so he wouldn’t have to leave God’s presence. Moses stated on the mountain top in God’s presence for forty days. King David never wanted to leave it either.
For some of us, being in God’s presence is a scary thing because everything that is not of God in our lives is exposed. For others, that’s what they relish. It gives them the opportunity to come clean and to allow God to purify every part of their life. Each of us should be a person who loves God’s presence. We should want to carry it around with us wherever we go. To do that,we need to be people of prayer. We need to stay past the point of our words ending and to remain until God shows up in a powerful way.
If we want to see a move of God, we have to be willing to spend time in prayer and in His presence. Here are some verses that discuss God’s presence.
1. Moses responded, “Then show me your glorious presence.” The LORD replied, “I will make all my goodness pass before you, and I will call out my name, Yahweh, before you. For I will show mercy to anyone I choose, and I will show compassion to anyone I choose.”
Exodus 33:18-19 NLT
2. Bless me with your presence and teach me your laws.
Psalm 119:135 GNT
3. And they heard the sound of the Lord God walking in the garden in the cool of the day, and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the Lord God among the trees of the garden.
Genesis 3:8 AMP
4. Come, let’s shout praises to GOD, raise the roof for the Rock who saved us! Let’s march into his presence singing praises, lifting the rafters with our hymns!
Psalm 95:1-2 MSG
5. Now repent of your sins and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped away. Then times of refreshment will come from the presence of the Lord, and he will again send you Jesus, your appointed Messiah.
Acts of the Apostles 3:19-20 NLT
6. I am always aware of the Lord ‘s presence; he is near, and nothing can shake me.
Psalm 16:8 GNT
7. Honor and majesty are [found] in His presence; strength and joy are [found] in His sanctuary.
1 Chronicles 16:27 AMP
8. Seek the Lord and his strength; seek his presence continually!
1 Chronicles 16:11 ESV
9. And so I walk in the presence of the Lord in the world of the living.
Psalm 116:9 GNT
10. In just a short time he will restore us, so that we may live in his presence. Oh, that we might know the LORD! Let us press on to know him. He will respond to us as surely as the arrival of dawn or the coming of rains in early spring.
Hosea 6:2-3 NLT