One of the cruelest things we learn to do as kids is to ignore someone. We learn at an early age that being ignored hurts us and drives us crazy. We want to be seen and acknowledged. There is a deep seated need in us to be a part of community and being ignored takes that from us. It makes us question ourselves and plays mind games with us. It’s worse when the people who care about us and are supposed to love us do it to us.
Many times, we go through things and feel like God is ignoring us. It feels like He’s not listening to our prayers and that He doesn’t care what we are going through. In those times, we can feel like God has forgotten us and our mind begins to deceive us. The truth is that God always hears your prayers and doesn’t ignore you. He never leaves us nor forsakes us according to the Bible. We can hold on to that promise when our feelings are trying to get us to believe otherwise.
Here are some verses that show God does not ignore us.
1. But God did listen! He paid attention to my prayer. Praise God, who did not ignore my prayer or withdraw his unfailing love from me.
Psalms 66:19-20 NLT
2. He does not neglect the poor or ignore their suffering; he does not turn away from them, but answers when they call for help.
Psalm 22:24 GNT
3. For he who avenges murder cares for the helpless. He does not ignore the cries of those who suffer.
Psalms 9:12 NLT
4. But the needy will not be ignored forever; the hopes of the poor will not always be crushed.
Psalms 9:18 NLT
5. Aren’t five sparrows sold for two pennies? Yet not one sparrow is forgotten by God. Even the hairs of your head have all been counted. So do not be afraid; you are worth much more than many sparrows!
Luke 12:6-7 GNB