Several years ago, I read the “Left Behind” series of books. I was reading them as they were coming out. After purchasing it on the day it went on sale, I would start reading the new one. Sometimes I would get so caught up in the story that I’d be up until 4 in the morning. Then I’d reach the end of the book. It always seemed to end during a climactic scene. Just when you wondered what was going to happen, you’d turn the page and it would say, “To be continued…” I’d wait a year or so for the next one to come out and repeat the process.
I’ve learned that God is a God of “to be continued.” He’s not finished with the work He’s doing in your life. Sometimes we have to wait a while in eager expectation, but He is faithful to keep working in our lives. Unlike the book series, i never know when He will continue the story and what He’s working on, but I know He’s not done. If you’re in that place today of anticipation and waiting for what’s next, keep holding on. God’s not finished yet. There’s more to come.
Here are some Bible verses on God continuing His work.
1. And I am certain that God, who began the good work within you, will continue his work until it is finally finished on the day when Christ Jesus returns.
Philippians 1:6 NLT
2. Your faithfulness continues from generation to generation; You have established the earth, and it stands [securely].
PSALM 119:90 AMP
3. But GOD ’s not finished. He’s waiting around to be gracious to you. He’s gathering strength to show mercy to you. GOD takes the time to do everything right—everything. Those who wait around for him are the lucky ones.
Isaiah 30:18 MSG
4. Because God is always at work in you to make you willing and able to obey his own purpose.
Philippians 2:13 GNT
5. What’s more, I am with you, and I will protect you wherever you go. One day I will bring you back to this land. I will not leave you until I have finished giving you everything I have promised you.
Genesis 28:15 NLT