It’s hard to believe Christmas is just around the corner. Since we were children, we have been taught to anticipate getting gifts. If you were like my brothers and me, you would try to take a peak at them early. It was hard to see them there every day, and to live with that anticipation. Then on Christmas morning, the fun would begin when we could go outside and use those gifts so the neighbors could see. Whether it was a bike, a walkie-talkie or a new football, the greatest part of the gift was putting it to use.
Every one of us has been given gifts by God. Some of the gifts we receive when we ask for them and others are given to us to help us accomplish His will for our life. When you know what your gifts are, it’s important to use them for the benefit of others. They weren’t given to you to keep for yourself. When you use them for others, you revive the blessings that come from giving. Don’t be stingy with your gifts. Give and it shall be given to you. The more you give them for the benefit of others, the more God can trust you with His gifts.
Here are some verses on the gifts God gives.
1. God has given each of you a gift from his great variety of spiritual gifts. Use them well to serve one another.
1 Peter 4:10 NLT
2. May all the gifts and benefits that come from God our Father, and the Master, Jesus Christ, be yours.
1 Corinthians 1:3 MSG
3. For example: The Spirit gives to one the gift of the word of wisdom. To another, the same Spirit gives the gift of the word of revelation knowledge. And to another, the same Spirit gives the gift of faith. And to another, the same Spirit gives gifts of healing. And to another the power to work miracles. And to another the gift of prophecy. And to another the gift to discern what the Spirit is speaking. And to another the gift of speaking different kinds of tongues. And to another the gift of interpretation of tongues. Remember, it is the same Holy Spirit who distributes, activates, and operates these different gifts as he chooses for each believer.
1 Corinthians 12:8-11 TPT
4. Wisdom is a gift from a generous God, and every word he speaks is full of revelation and becomes a fountain of understanding within you.
Proverbs 2:6 TPT
5. For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God [that is, His remarkable, overwhelming gift of grace to believers] is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
ROMANS 6:23 AMP