Have you ever been the hero in a situation? It feels good to be the person who came in at the right time with the right skill set. Aside from being a situational hero, we regard someone as a true hero when they risk their life to save someone else’s. When they see a person that needs to be rescued, they don’t think twice about what they need to do. When they’re asked about it after the fact, they’ll say, “I’m not a hero. I just did what needed to be done.” Stories of rescues captivate us and get our attention. I think God Out that in us because we’re in the middle of a rescue story.
Every one of us, whether we know it or not, need to be rescued from sin. Jesus saw our need and came to earth with the spirit of the rescuer in Him. He not only risked His life to save us, He paid the ultimate price so that you and I could be saved. Even though He gave His life for us, it’s still up to each one of us to decide whether or not we want to be rescued. We were born into a situation where we can’t save our selves. We must be rescued. The Rescuer made a way for us to be rescued, but again, it’s something we must choose. Jesus did what needed to be done, and He’d pay that price if it was only for you. Will you let Him be your hero?
Here are some Bible verses on being rescued by God.
1. God did not send his Son into the world to judge and condemn the world, but to be its Savior and rescue it!
John 3:17 TPT
2. Grace to you and peace [inner calm and spiritual well-being] from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ, who gave Himself [as a sacrifice to atone] for our sins [to save and sanctify us] so that He might rescue us from this present evil age, in accordance with the will and purpose and plan of our God and Father– to Him be [ascribed all] the glory through the ages of the ages. Amen.
GALATIANS 1:3-5 AMP
3. And he did rescue us from mortal danger, and he will rescue us again. We have placed our confidence in him, and he will continue to rescue us.
2 Corinthians 1:10 NLT
4. He gave himself for us, to rescue us from all wickedness and to make us a pure people who belong to him alone and are eager to do good.
Titus 2:14 GNT
5. It’s news I’m most proud to proclaim, this extraordinary Message of God’s powerful plan to rescue everyone who trusts him, starting with Jews and then right on to everyone else! God’s way of putting people right shows up in the acts of faith, confirming what Scripture has said all along: “The person in right standing before God by trusting him really lives.”
Romans 1:16-17 MSG