It used to be that Christians and non Christians held the Bible in high esteem. Just about everyone could agree that its principles for living were good. It became the standard of what was right and wrong even by people who didn’t trust or believe in Jesus. Today, it is no longer regarded that way in society. Each person or people group is now believed to have their own standard of what right and wrong is. Our world has moved from a place of absolute truth to one where truth is relative to the person looking at it.
Integrity is not just about being honest. It’s also about holding yourself to a higher standard. As Christians, it’s important that we don’t lower the bar of what truth is just because the world has. The truth of God’s Word and the principles in it are not relative to how you’re feeling or want to interpret them. Our lives must be lived by the integrity of the Bible. Its truth has endured thousands of years and will continue to. If we want to live lives of integrity, we do it by building them on the Word of God.
Here are some Bible verses on living a life of integrity.
1. Above all, set yourself apart as a model of a life nobly lived. With dignity, demonstrate integrity in all that you teach.
Titus 2:7 TPT
2. The godly walk with integrity; blessed are their children who follow them.
Proverbs 20:7 NLT
3. O LORD, who may lodge [as a guest] in Your tent? Who may dwell [continually] on Your holy hill? He who walks with integrity and strength of character, and works righteousness, And speaks and holds truth in his heart.
PSALMS 15:1-2 AMP
4. The evil of bad people leaves them out in the cold; the integrity of good people creates a safe place for living.
Proverbs 14:32 MSG
5. Integrity will lead you to success and happiness, but treachery will destroy your dreams.
Proverbs 11:3 TPT