One of the things I’ve learned is that my growth should never stop. When we accept Jesus, that’s the beginning of our relationship with Jesus, not the end goal. Too many times I see people who feel like once they’ve received salvation, that’s it and there’s nothing more to do. That’s like getting married and then deciding to do nothing about the relationship going forward because you made a vow. Marriage is more than a wedding, it’s a lifetime commitment to grow together. If you don’t continue to invest in that relationship, that growth will never happen.
Our faith is very similar. It’s not a one time experience, but rather a lifetime of daily commitment to continue on even on the days you don’t feel saved. You must persist in the process of being made new constantly. God’s desire is for you to know Him and the power of resurrection that He gives. That power helps us to overcome obstacles and to continue pushing on in the hard times. There’s more to God than we will ever know in this life, so we should continue to explore the depths of who He is and how He wants us to live. The Christian life is not about a moment in time, but rather a continuation of knowing God.
Here are some Bible verses on continuing in the faith.
1. And now, just as you accepted Christ Jesus as your Lord, you must continue to follow him.
Colossians 2:6 NLT
2. So everyone should continue to live faithful in the situation of life in which they were called to follow Jesus.
1 Corinthians 7:20 TPT
3. But continue to grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To him be the glory, now and forever! Amen.
2 Peter 3:18 GNT
4. It pleases me that you continue to remember and honor me by keeping up the traditions of the faith I taught you. All actual authority stems from Christ.
1 Corinthians 11:1-2 MSG
5. But as for you, continue in the things that you have learned and of which you are convinced [holding tightly to the truths], knowing from whom you learned them.
2 TIMOTHY 3:14 AMP
One response to “Continuing To Grow”
Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android