On my most recent trip to Israel, we walked from the top of the Mount of Olives to its base. As we arrived in the Garden of Gethsemane, I looked at the grove of olive trees. I began to wonder where Jesus prayed and where the disciples slept. I went into the church that was built there to commemorate the event. I walked down to the altar area and began reading the story on the plaques they have. When I came to the part where Jesus walked up on the disciples asleep, it read that Jesus said, “Wake up!” Those words reverberated in my spirit and I kept reading it over and over. Jesus wasn’t just telling the disciples to wake up, He was talking to us as well.
We need to pray that God will wake us up too. We cant afford to be sleeping spiritually in this day and age. We need to understand the moment we are in in history. God has placed us specifically at this time and place for a reason. If we’re sleeping, we’ll miss the moment. We. Just wake up to see what God is doing and wants to do. We must be about our Father’s business, but we can’t do it if we are asleep. The disciples slept in their final hours with Jesus despite His directive to watch and pray. We can’t let that happen to us in the final days before He returns.
Here are some Bible verses to remind us to wake up.
1. He said to them, “Why are you asleep? Wake up and pray that you won’t be tested.”
Luke 22:46 CEV
2. Wake up from your sleep, Climb out of your coffins; Christ will show you the light! So watch your step. Use your head. Make the most of every chance you get. These are desperate times!
Ephesians 5:15-16 MSG
3. To live like this is all the more urgent, for time is running out and you know it is a strategic hour in human history. It is time for us to wake up! For our full salvation is nearer now than when we first believed.
Romans 13:11 TPT
4. So wake up, and strengthen what you still have before it dies completely. For I find that what you have done is not yet perfect in the sight of my God.
Revelation 3:2 GNT
5. Be sober-minded [be sensible, wake up from your spiritual stupor] as you ought, and stop sinning; for some [of you] have no knowledge of God [you are disgracefully ignorant of Him, and ignore His truths]. I say this to your shame.
1 Corinthians 15:34 AMP
2 responses to “Wake Up”
Thanks a lot
On Fri, Dec 27, 2019, 12:51 Devotions by Chris Hendrix wrote:
> Chris Hendrix posted: ” On my most recent trip to Israel, we walked from > the top of the Mount of Olives to its base. As we arrived in the Garden of > Gethsemane, I looked at the grove of olive trees. I began to wonder where > Jesus prayed and where the disciples slept. I went into” >