A friend of mine and I have been praying for each other’s job situation for a while now. We send verses to each other, specifics of what we’re praying or asking for and encouraging messages. In the physical realm, nothing seems to be changing, but we know God is at work. The other day he said, “I think we need to praise God for what He is going to do on our behalf.” It triggered something in me. All this time, I have been hyper focused on my need and seeking God daily, that I’ve forgotten to thank and praise Him ahead of time for what He’s going to do. I’ve been praising Him for the daily miracles I see, but haven’t been looking ahead to where God is leading.
We get so caught up in our requests that we fail to spend time praising God for the work He’s doing behind the scenes. Praise is an important part of our victory. The Israelites always sent their praise team out first before any battle because of its powerful effect. God truly does work all things out for your good (Romans 8:28), but there’s always that period of time where you begin to wonder what good can come from your current situation. Especially in those times, it’s important to praise God for what He’s going to do. The Psalms over and over remind us to praise God no matter what and at all times. If you’ve been seeking God for a breakthrough, take some time to add praise to your petitions.
Here are some Bible verses on praising God.
1. Praise the Lord! Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good! His faithful love endures forever.
Psalms 106:1 NLT
2. Let everything that has breath and every breath of life praise the LORD! Praise the LORD! (Hallelujah!)
Psalms 150:6 AMP
3. I trust in the Lord. And I praise him! I trust in the Word of God. And I praise him!
Psalms 56:10 TPT
4. Let us, then, always offer praise to God as our sacrifice through Jesus, which is the offering presented by lips that confess him as Lord.
Hebrews 13:15 GNT
5. I will praise the Lord at all times. I will constantly speak his praises.
Psalms 34:1 NLT