Think of a time when you said something like, “Wow! That was an incredible experience.” It wasn’t just an event you were at or a part of that made the difference. It was something that happened to you while you were there that changed you or made a profound impact on you. When we experience something, it creates a moment in time that creates an emotional marker and often is a turning point for us. Marketers try to create experiences for consumers because they understand the power of them. Since the beginning of time, God has been letting us have experiences with Him. Plus he gives us things to experience so that it creates change in us. His goal for each of us is to know Him and to experience a change that helps us become new creations.
Here are some Bible verses on the things God wants you to experience.
1. All I want is to know Christ and to experience the power of his resurrection, to share in his sufferings and become like him in his death, in the hope that I myself will be raised from death to life.
Philippians 3:10-11 GNT
2. So then, my friends, try even harder to make God’s call and his choice of you a permanent experience; if you do so, you will never abandon your faith.
2 Peter 1:10 GNT
3. Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 4:6-7 NLT
4. Eternal life means to know and experience you as the only true God, and to know and experience Jesus Christ, as the Son whom you have sent.
John 17:3 TPT
5. We saw it, we heard it, and now we’re telling you so you can experience it along with us, this experience of communion with the Father and his Son, Jesus Christ. Our motive for writing is simply this: We want you to enjoy this, too. Your joy will double our joy!
1 John 1:3-4 MSG
Pay attention today to the experiences God is giving you and wants to have with you.