Every new year we begin to think of new habits we want to adopt in our lives. We’re encouraged to think this way from ads and people. However, let’s think a little differently this year. Don’t just focus on what new habit or goal you want to add. Think of, and identify, things you need to continue doing. There are plants of things you’re doing well right now. Don’t neglect those things or overlook them. Growth happens when we build on a foundation we already have. Be careful not to drop something productive that you’re already doing when you try to introduce something new.
Here are some Bible verses on things we should continue doing.
1. In the same way you received Jesus our Lord and Messiah by faith, continue your journey of faith, progressing further into your union with him!
Colossians 2:6 TPT
2. But as for you, continue in the truths that you were taught and firmly believe.
2 Timothy 3:14 GNT
3. But we will [continue to] devote ourselves [steadfastly] to prayer and to the ministry of the word.
Acts 6:4 AMP
4. Don’t envy sinners, but always continue to fear the Lord.
Proverbs 23:17 NLT
5. Most important of all, continue to show deep love for each other, for love covers a multitude of sins.
1 Peter 4:8 NLT