As a kid, one of my favorite Bible stories and songs was about Zacchaeus from Luke 19. As you may recall, he wasn’t very tall and was struggling to see Jesus over the crowd. After trying several things, he climbed up a tree in order to see Jesus. I love that when He saw Jesus, Jesus saw him and rewarded his tenacity by meeting with him in his home. Zacchaeus became a changed man because he sought Jesus until He could find Him. The same should be true of us. We should be continually seeking Him, looking for Him and meeting with Him. Zacchaeus isn’t a children’s story. It’s a reminder for us to tenaciously seek Jesus.
Here are some Bible verses on seeking Jesus.
1. I love those who love me; whoever looks for me can find me.
Proverbs 8:17 GNT
2. “[Looking away from all that will distract us and] focusing our eyes on Jesus, who is the Author and Perfecter of faith [the first incentive for our belief and the One who brings our faith to maturity], who for the joy [of accomplishing the goal] set before Him endured the cross, disregarding the shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God [revealing His deity, His authority, and the completion of His work].
Hebrews 12:2 AMP
3. Yahweh looks down in love, looking over all of Adam’s sons and daughters. He’s looking to see if there is anyone who acts wisely, any who are searching for God and wanting to please him.
Psalms 14:2 TPT
4. “When you come looking for me, you’ll find me. Yes, when you get serious about finding me and want it more than anything else, I’ll make sure you won’t be disappointed.” God’s Decree. “I’ll turn things around for you. I’ll bring you back from all the countries into which I drove you”—God’s Decree—“bring you home to the place from which I sent you off into exile. You can count on it.”
Jeremiah 29:13-14 MSG
5. There you will look for the Lord your God, and if you search for him with all your heart, you will find him.
Deuteronomy 4:29 GNT
Are you still seeking Him like Zacchaeus? Is He still making a difference in your life?