Growing up, I was in a scouting program at church. They taught us a motto to live by. It was, “Ready! Ready for anything. Ready to work, play, serve, obey, worship, love, etc.” When things come up, I’ve found it’s better to be ready than not. When you’re ready, you can be proactive rather than reactive. As believers, we’re called to be ready for a lot of things as well. Ready to serve others. Ready to share our faith. Ready to lay hands on the sick. Ready for Jesus to come back. You and I can’t afford to live our lives unprepared for all the things the Bible tells us to be ready for.
Here are some Bible verses on being ready.
1. Command them to do good, to be rich in good works, to be generous and ready to share with others.
1 Timothy 6:18 GNT
2. When God’s people are in need, be ready to help them. Always be eager to practice hospitality.
Romans 12:13 NLT
3. So stand ready, with truth as a belt tight around your waist, with righteousness as your breastplate, and as your shoes the readiness to announce the Good News of peace.
Ephesians 6:14-15 GNT
4. Be dressed and ready for active service, and keep your lamps continuously burning.
Luke 12:35 AMP
5. You also must be ready all the time, for the Son of Man will come when least expected.
Matthew 24:44 NLT