Merrimack-Webster’s dictionary says that endurance is the ability to withstand hardship or adversity. The on,y way to get endurance is to go through hardship or adversity though. As believers, we’re going to experience those things because God uses them to produce in us things that can’t be produced any other way. Instead of running from hardship and adversity, we are to embrace them because it’s a sign that God is working on us and in us. It’s His process to receive His promises. The greater the hardships you have to endure, the greater things God will produce in you. Hand in there. He’s doing something amazing in you.
Here are some Bible verses on endurance.
1. Stand firm with patient endurance and you will find your souls’ deliverance.
Luke 21:19 TPT
2. We also pray that you will be strengthened with all his glorious power so you will have all the endurance and patience you need. May you be filled with joy.
Colossians 1:11 NLT
3. For you have need of patient endurance [to bear up under difficult circumstances without compromising], so that when you have carried out the will of God, you may receive and enjoy to the full what is promised.
Hebrews 10:36 AMP
4. For you know that when your faith is tested it stirs up in you the power of endurance.
James (Jacob) 1:3 TPT
5. We also boast of our troubles, because we know that trouble produces endurance,
Romans 5:3 GNT