Have you every known someone who threw their weight around to get something done? The word for honor in the Bible has the same connotation. When it tells us to honor the Lord, it’s telling us to give Him significant influence in our lives. His Word and will should carry weight with us. Also, almost every time the Bible tells us to honor God or someone, it has a promise attached to it. When we properly honor Him, we will receive the blessings He has in store for us. When we let Him have His rightful place in our life, things fall into place. It’s always good to examine your life to make sure you are truly and properly honoring God by giving Him full authority in your life.
Here are some Bible verses on honoring God.
1. Honor the Lord with your wealth And with the first fruits of all your crops (income); Then your barns will be abundantly filled And your vats will overflow with new wine.
Proverbs 3:9-10 AMP
2. He who offers a sacrifice of praise and thanksgiving honors Me; And to him who orders his way rightly [who follows the way that I show him], I shall show the salvation of God.
Psalms 50:23 AMP
3. He supplies the needs of those who honor him; he hears their cries and saves them.
Psalm 145:19 GNT
4. He will bless everyone who honors him, the great and the small alike.
Psalm 115:13 GNT
5. Honor me by trusting in me in your day of trouble. Cry aloud to me, and I will be there to rescue you.
Psalms 50:15 TPT
Photo by Peter Dlhy on Unsplash