Trying to explain the things that have been going on in the world the last few years to a kid is tough for parents. They’ve got questions we don’t really have answers to or that they’re not able to comprehend yet. We’ve done our best to go to the Bible to look at the events through that lens. We look at what causes people to make certain decisions, why bad things happen and what our responsibility is. One of those responsibilities is to seek justice for those who don’t have a voice or are being oppressed. God is a God of justice, so we must live and act justly according to His Word. Our behavior and response should be influenced and born out of what God says rather than what others think. Above all, we must also pray for justice from God and for protection for the oppressed.
Here are some Bible verses on justice.
1. When justice is done, good people are happy, but evil people are brought to despair.
Proverbs 21:15 GNT
2. There is joy for those who deal justly with others and always do what is right.
Psalms 106:3 NLT
3. No, the Lord has told us what is good. What he requires of us is this: to do what is just, to show constant love, and to live in humble fellowship with our God.
Micah 6:8 GNT
4. Speak up for the people who have no voice, for the rights of all the misfits. Speak out for justice! Stand up for the poor and destitute!
Proverbs 31:8-9 MSG
5. Wash yourselves clean. Stop all this evil that I see you doing. Yes, stop doing evil and learn to do right. See that justice is done—help those who are oppressed, give orphans their rights, and defend widows.
Isaiah 1:16-17 GNT