I’ve heard it said that God has put enough of Himself in creation that those who are looking for Him can find Him, and those that aren’t might miss Him. God wants to be found. To be sought after, but we have to get past all the distractions around us in order to do it. Each of us need to daily look for Him in the midst of the chaos of our day. It takes a conscious effort to make sure we’re looking for Him. The Bible tells us over and over to seek Him, and that He rewards those who do. There are several of these rewards listed. We just need to make seeking Him a priority.
Here are some Bible verses on seeking God.
1. But from there you will seek the Lord your God, and you will find Him if you search for Him with all your heart and all your soul.
Deuteronomy 4:29 AMP
2. You will seek me, and you will find me because you will seek me with all your heart.
Jeremiah 29:13 GNT
3. Seek God while he’s here to be found, pray to him while he’s close at hand. Let the wicked abandon their way of life and the evil their way of thinking. Let them come back to God, who is merciful, come back to our God, who is lavish with forgiveness.
Isaiah 55:6-7 MSG
4. Then if my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land.
2 Chronicles 7:14 NLT
5. What joy overwhelms everyone who keeps the ways of God, those who seek him as their heart’s passion!
Psalms 119:2 TPT