In the Bible the desert was used as a place for refinement, testing and growth. Matthew 4:1 tells us that the Holy Spirit led Jesus into the desert. In Exodus the glory of God led the Israelites into the desert. If you find yourself wandering through a dry season in your life, take heart. God is doing something in your life to make you more like Him or to have you learn to depend on Him more. He hasn’t abandoned you or left you there forever. Instead, just like He did for others in the desert, He makes it a place where He provides and does the miraculous.
Here are some Bible verses on God’s provision in the desert.
1. I will open up rivers for them on the high plateaus. I will give them fountains of water in the valleys. I will fill the desert with pools of water. Rivers fed by springs will flow across the parched ground.
Isaiah 41:18 NLT
2. They were not thirsty when he led them through the desert. He divided the rock, and water gushed out for them to drink.
Isaiah 48:21 NLT
3. God reveals himself when he makes the fault lines quake, shaking deserts, speaking his voice.
Psalms 29:8 TPT
4. He found him in a desert land, In the howling wasteland of a wilderness; He kept circling him, He took care of him, He protected him as the apple of His eye.
Deuteronomy 32:10 AMP
5. I took care of you in a dry, desert land.
Hosea 13:5 GNT