Often the way we see our earthly father is how we see our Heavenly Father. When we project that on Him, it affects how we approach Him. We are His children after all. When we accept Jesus, we are adopted into God’s family. As adopted children, it’s important that we get to know Him and trust Him. He is good to us and greater than any earthly father you had. In order to grow our relationship with Him, we must move past any insecurities our earthly fathers created in us. We must discover for ourselves that He is love. We can run to Him in times of need, get comfort when we are sad and just be held in His arms when we feel overwhelmed. You may be an earthly adult, but you are spiritually His child.
Here are some Bible verses on being God’s children.
1. For you [who are born-again have been reborn from above—spiritually transformed, renewed, sanctified and] are all children of God [set apart for His purpose with full rights and privileges] through faith in Christ Jesus.
Galatians 3:26 AMP
2. So now you Gentiles are no longer strangers and foreigners. You are citizens along with all of God’s holy people. You are members of God’s family.
Ephesians 2:19 NLT
3. Beloved, we are [even here and] now children of God, and it is not yet made clear what we will be [after His coming]. We know that when He comes and is revealed, we will [as His children] be like Him, because we will see Him just as He is [in all His glory].
1 John 3:2 AMP
4. For all who are led by the Spirit of God are children of God. So you have not received a spirit that makes you fearful slaves. Instead, you received God’s Spirit when he adopted you as his own children. Now we call him, “Abba, Father.” For his Spirit joins with our spirit to affirm that we are God’s children.
Romans 8:14-16 NLT
5. To show that you are his children, God sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, the Spirit who cries out, “Father, my Father.” So then, you are no longer a slave but a child. And since you are his child, God will give you all that he has for his children.
Galatians 4:6-7 GNT
Photo by Anna Kolosyuk on Unsplash