Did you know that just like we experience famines throughout the globe, there can be spiritual famines as well? One such famine is found in Amos 8:11. God said there would be a famine of hearing His Word. 2 Timothy 4:3 says there will be a time when people will quit listening to wholesale teaching. In each of these cases, we can experience spiritual famine by our inability to listen or hear God’s Word. To avoid a spiritual famine, you and I must take time each day to listen to God’s Word. We must be intentional on hearing what He’s trying to say to us. So we can apply it and live by it.
Here are some Bible verses on listening to God’s Word.
1. Anyone who belongs to God listens gladly to the words of God. But you don’t listen because you don’t belong to God.
John 8:47 NLT
2. As you enter the house of God, keep your ears open and your mouth shut. It is evil to make mindless offerings to God.
Ecclesiastes 5:1 NLT
3. So then, faith comes from hearing the message, and the message comes through preaching Christ.
Romans 10:17 GNT
4. “The one whose heart is open let him listen carefully to what the Spirit is presently saying to all the churches…
Revelation 2:11 TPT
5. My soul keeps Your testimonies [hearing and accepting and obeying them]; I love them greatly.
Psalms 119:167 AMP
Photo by Aaron Burden on Unsplash
2 responses to “Avoiding Spiritual Famine”
Spiritual famine can be so painful, but if we work through it there is JOY on the other side.
Yes! We must stay watered through God’s Word.