Part of the code I was taught to live by is to be mentally, physically and spiritually alert. From an early age, I learned to be aware of things that affect me in those areas. We know that our enemy roams about like a roaring lion seeking whom he may devour in any of these areas. He knows that if he can affect any of these areas, he can disrupt your relationship with God. It’s important that you and I keep watch on all these fronts. We must be prepared so that we’re not overtaken unaware by our enemy. The Bible suggests many ways and areas that we must keep watch over. The Lord is our Shepherd, but you and I still need to be alert.
Here are some Bible verses on keeping watch.
1. Keep watch and pray that you will not fall into temptation. The spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak.
Matthew 26:41 GNT
2. Consider well and watch carefully the path of your feet, And all your ways will be steadfast and sure.
Proverbs 4:26 AMP
3. Keep vigilant watch over your heart; that’s where life starts.
Proverbs 4:23 MSG
4. Watch where you’re going! Stick to the path of truth, and the road will be safe and smooth before you.
Proverbs 4:26 TPT
5. Watch yourself and watch your teaching. Keep on doing these things, because if you do, you will save both yourself and those who hear you.
1 Timothy 4:16 GNT