The US currency says, “In God we trust,” however, we tend to put our trust in the currency instead of Him. We think if we had more, we could do XYZ or we wouldn’t have the troubles we currently have. When we believe that something can solve our problems, we are putting our trust in that instead of in God. When we put our trust in something other than God, we rely on Him and His Word less. That kind of thinking slowly pulls us away from our relationship with God. We must stop those thoughts when they come in and redirect our trust to God. He is worthy of our trust, and there are blessings that come with trusting in Him.
Here are some Bible verses on trusting in God.
1. Teach those who are rich in this world not to be proud and not to trust in their money, which is so unreliable. Their trust should be in God, who richly gives us all we need for our enjoyment.
1 Timothy 6:17 NLT
2. Lord, so many times I fail; I fall into disgrace. But when I trust in you, I have a strong and glorious presence protecting and anointing me. Forever you’re all I need!
Psalms 73:26 TPT
3. A grasping person stirs up trouble, but trust in God brings a sense of well-being.
Proverbs 28:25 MSG
4. Don’t let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God, and trust also in me.
John 14:1 NLT
5. The apostles said to the Lord, “Increase our faith [our ability to confidently trust in God and in His power].”
Luke 17:5 AMP