In John 10:10, Jesus told us that the enemy comes to steal, kill and destroy. Then James 4:7 tells us that we can resist him and he will flee. We don’t have to be overpowered by the enemy in whatever way he comes against us. We have the power of the Holy Spirit that makes us strong enough to resist, push back and overcome our enemy. Over and over we are told to be strong throughout the Bible. We have a choice in whether or not we rely on God’s power that resides in us. He gives us the strength to resist the enemy and to receive all that God has for us. Don’t be a pushover. Stand up and be strong trusting in Him!
Here are some Bible verses on being strong.
1. May you be made strong with all the strength which comes from his glorious power, so that you may be able to endure everything with patience. And with joy give thanks to the Father, who has made you fit to have your share of what God has reserved for his people in the kingdom of light.
Colossians 1:11-12 GNT
2. Be strong and very courageous. Be careful to obey all the instructions Moses gave you. Do not deviate from them, turning either to the right or to the left. Then you will be successful in everything you do.
Joshua 1:7 NLT
3. Be strong. Take courage. Don’t be intimidated. Don’t give them a second thought because God, your God, is striding ahead of you. He’s right there with you. He won’t let you down; he won’t leave you.
Deuteronomy 31:6 MSG
4. In conclusion, be strong in the Lord [draw your strength from Him and be empowered through your union with Him] and in the power of His [boundless] might.
Ephesians 6:10 AMP
5. Say to those with fearful hearts, “Be strong, and do not fear, for your God is coming to destroy your enemies. He is coming to save you.”
Isaiah 35:4 NLT