To me, the best part of the story of the Prodigal Son is when he comes to his senses and decides to return to his father.nothing else in the story happens if he doesn’t make that choice. It’s the same choice you and I should be making as often as it takes. No matter how long you’ve walked with Christ, there are areas in our life that cause us to drift away. God is constantly calling us to return to Him, to return to our first love. Take a moment today to check your proximity to Jesus. Make the decision to return and receive all God has for you.
Here are some Bible verses on returning to God.
1. Bring your confessions, and return to the Lord. Say to him, “Forgive all our sins and graciously receive us, so that we may offer you our praises.
Hosea 14:2 NLT
2. Let us test and examine our ways, And let us return to the Lord.
Lamentations 3:40 AMP
3. For if you return to the Lord, your brothers and your children will find compassion with their captors and return to this land. For the Lord your God is gracious and merciful and will not turn away his face from you, if you return to him.
2 Chronicles 30:9 ESV
4. From the four corners of the earth, the peoples of the world will remember and return to Yahweh. Every nation will come and worship him.
Psalms 22:27 TPT
5. But now I say to you, “Return to me, and I will return to you.”
Zechariah 1:3 GNT