One of the Scriptures that challenges me is that faith without works is dead. Not only that, but Jesus said it wasn’t good enough to only do good to the people who deserve it or our friends. We have to do things for those we don’t like. It’s not an easy task doing things for people who treat us poorly, but it’s part of living out our faith. Doing good wherever we go, to whomever we can, is one of the best ways to show God’s love. We must remember that it was while we were still sinners that God showed us compassion and sent His Son to die for us when we didn’t deserve it. Following His example is what we are called to do.
Here are some Bible verses on doing good.
1. So then, while we [as individual believers] have the opportunity, let us do good to all people [not only being helpful, but also doing that which promotes their spiritual well-being], and especially [be a blessing] to those of the household of faith (born-again believers).
Galatians 6:10 AMP
2. Whenever you possibly can, do good to those who need it.
Proverbs 3:27 GNT
3. Do not neglect to do good and to share what you have, for such sacrifices are pleasing to God.
Hebrews 13:16 ESV
4. But to you who are willing to listen, I say, love your enemies! Do good to those who hate you.
Luke 6:27 NLT
5. Trust [rely on and have confidence] in the Lord and do good; Dwell in the land and feed [securely] on His faithfulness.
Psalms 37:3 AMP
Photo by Porapak Apichodilok:
2 responses to “Do Good”
“It’s not an easy task doing things for people who treat us poorly, but it’s part of living out our faith. “
A helpful reminder, here, brother. The scripture references are also much appreciated. Proverbs 3:27 and Hebrews 13:26 particularly hit home.
We were once enemies of God, but are now His friends—because He is good to us. We should follow suit and do the same with others.
Stay blessed and not too stressed!
Thanks! Have a great weekend. Looking forward to your posts.