We usually take Thanksgiving as one day out of the year to be thankful for the things we have. I believe it’s important to be mindful and thankful daily for the goodness of God. I try to start each day with an attitude of gratitude. My first words of prayer each day are thanking God for another day. Then I thank Him for His goodness and His mercies. I need the daily reminder that God is good and He is for me. He gives us good things, and He doesn’t withhold good things from us as believers. Being thankful daily for His goodness is one way to count my blessings. Being mindful of His goodness helps me to keep perspective on who He is and who my supplier is. All that we have comes from Him and belongs to Him. The more we appreciate the goodness of God, the more of it we will see.
Here are some Bible verses on the goodness of God.
1. Every gift God freely gives us is good and perfect, streaming down from the Father of lights, who shines from the heavens with no hidden shadow or darkness and is never subject to change.
James (Jacob) 1:17 TPT
2. The Lord is our protector and glorious king, blessing us with kindness and honor. He does not refuse any good thing to those who do what is right.
Psalm 84:11 GNT
3. Let all that I am praise the Lord; with my whole heart, I will praise his holy name. Let all that I am praise the Lord; may I never forget the good things he does for me. He forgives all my sins and heals all my diseases. He redeems me from death and crowns me with love and tender mercies. He fills my life with good things. My youth is renewed like the eagle’s!
Psalms 103:1-5 NLT
4. How great is the goodness you have stored up for those who fear you. You lavish it on those who come to you for protection, blessing them before the watching world.
Psalms 31:19 NLT
5. Surely your goodness and unfailing love will pursue me all the days of my life, and I will live in the house of the Lord forever.
Psalms 23:6 NLT
Photo by Debby Hudson on Unsplash
4 responses to “The Goodness Of God”
“The more we appreciate the goodness of God, the more of it we will see.”
Truth. I always enjoy your scripture references, as well.
Thanks! It’s been great seeing you post every day.
You make it look easy, brother. But it’s actually quite the challenge; at least for me.
It’s definitely a challenge.