One of the things we most associate with Christmas is gifts. There is something exciting about getting a gift with your name on it, especially when the gift is perfect for you. It’s a good reminder that God gives us gifts we need. James 1:17 tells us that every good and perfect gift comes down from the Father. The gifts He gives are intended to help us navigate this world, help others to know Him and to grow. He gives each one of us gifts, including you. 1 Corinthians 12 lists several of these spiritual gifts if you’d like to research. However, the greatest gift He has given us is His son. Because He sent His son, we can have everlasting life when we believe in Him. Take time today to thank God for all the gifts He’s given you.
Here are some Bible verses on God’s gifts.
1. Let us praise God for his glorious grace, for the free gift he gave us in his dear Son!
Ephesians 1:6 GNT
2. .Since we have gifts that differ according to the grace given to us, each of us is to use them accordingly: if [someone has the gift of] prophecy, [let him speak a new message from God to His people] in proportion to the faith possessed.
Romans 12:6 AMP
3. As each has received a gift, use it to serve one another, as good stewards of God’s varied grace: whoever speaks, as one who speaks oracles of God; whoever serves, as one who serves by the strength that God supplies—in order that in everything God may be glorified through Jesus Christ. To him belong glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen.
1 Peter 4:10-11 ESV
4. For sin’s meager wages is death, but God’s lavish gift is life eternal, found in your union with our Lord Jesus, the Anointed One.
Romans 6:23 TPT
5. I am leaving you with a gift—peace of mind and heart. And the peace I give is a gift the world cannot give. So don’t be troubled or afraid.
John 14:27 NLT