One of the things that most of us are pretty good at is disqualifying ourselves from doing things for God. We accept His grace for our sins, but have a hard time letting go of the chains that once held us. We think, “God can’t use me because I did…” Or we let our sickness or disability disqualify us. I want to remind you that it was for your freedom that Christ set you free. Put down the chains. They’ve been broken. You have been freed from them. Don’t let them hold you back any longer. You have been given a robe of righteousness to wear instead of your guilt. You’ve been given a crown instead of shackles, joy for mourning, peace for despair and beauty for ashes. You have been freed. Walk in your freedom and share your story to help others who are captive to find their freedom.
Here are some Bible verses on God freeing you.
1. When Jesus saw her, he called her over and said to her, “Woman, you are freed from your disability.”
Luke 13:12 ESV
2. For with the heart a person believes [in Christ as Savior] resulting in his justification [that is, being made righteous—being freed of the guilt of sin and made acceptable to God]; and with the mouth he acknowledges and confesses [his faith openly], resulting in and confirming [his] salvation.
Romans 10:10 AMP
3. And because you belong to him, the power of the life-giving Spirit has freed you from the power of sin that leads to death.
Romans 8:2 NLT
4. Listen to my testimony: I cried to God in my distress and he answered me. He freed me from all my fears!
Psalms 34:4 TPT
5. Lord, because I am your loving servant, you have broken open my life and freed me from my chains.
Psalms 116:16 TPT