One of the things we forget as believers is that the Holy Spirit lives in us. 1 John 4:4 says that He that is in us is greater than he that is in the world. God is all powerful and He not only lives in us, but He gives His power and authority to us as well. It’s time you and I started walking in that authority and power. We have victory in Jesus! We have authority in Jesus! We are not defeated. We will overcome because He has given us that power. We can face any situation with confidence because He lives in us and is greater than anything we face. Going forward, we need to be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might.
Here are some Bible verses on the power you’ve been given.
1. But he answered me, “My grace is always more than enough for you, and my power finds its full expression through your weakness.” So I will celebrate my weaknesses, for when I’m weak I sense more deeply the mighty power of Christ living in me.
2 Corinthians 12:9 TPT
2. For God did not give us a spirit of timidity or cowardice or fear, but [He has given us a spirit] of power and of love and of sound judgment and personal discipline [abilities that result in a calm, well-balanced mind and self-control].
2 Timothy 1:7 AMP
3. I have the strength to face all conditions by the power that Christ gives me.
Philippians 4:13 GNT
4. But you will receive power and ability when the Holy Spirit comes upon you; and you will be My witnesses [to tell people about Me] both in Jerusalem and in all Judea, and Samaria, and even to the ends of the earth.
Acts 1:8 AMP
5. A final word: Be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power.
Ephesians 6:10 NLT
Photo by Jordan Donaldson | @jordi.d on Unsplash
4 responses to “Walk In Power”
This is exactly what I needed to hear today, Chris. Thank you!
Glad to hear it! You have the authority and power in Jesus.
Amen Chris. I have learnt in my walk with Jesus, we sometimes ask the Lord to do things that by His death and resurrection, He has already given us the authority and power to do in His name. The example in Scripture of Jesus giving authority and power to the 12 disciples, then the 72, then the 120 in the upper room (who were baptised with the power of the Holy Spirit) to be witnesses for Jesus is for all of us believers. Taking that first step of faith as the Spirit leads. Thank you for your post.
Thanks for sharing. You’re right. There are a lot of believers seeking permission or power that we’ve already been given. That first step of faith is crucial.