How do you react to being under pressure? I tend to get tunnel vision and focus on one thing. I also get a little snappy with people. Pressure is something we all face, but we don’t have to let it crush us. God has given us the Holy Spirit to help us when we feel pressure. He can guide us, give us wisdom and develop us. When you’re under pressure, let it drive you to God’s Word and to Him in prayer. He’s probably not going to take the situation away, but He can turn it for your good and help you rise to the challenge. God will use pressure to help us grow our faith and trust in Him. We don’t have to worry about it crushing us, but we do have to let it do it’s work in our lives.
Here are some Bible verses on being under pressure.
1. When peer pressure compels you to go with the crowd and sinners invite you to join in, you must simply say, “No!”
Proverbs 1:10 TPT
2. This hope [this confident assurance] we have as an anchor of the soul [it cannot slip and it cannot break down under whatever pressure bears upon it]—a safe and steadfast hope that enters within the veil [of the heavenly temple, that most Holy Place in which the very presence of God dwells], where Jesus has entered [in advance] as a forerunner for us, having become a High Priest forever according to the order of Melchizedek.
Hebrews 6:19-20 AMP
3. But that’s not all! Even in times of trouble we have a joyful confidence, knowing that our pressures will develop in us patient endurance.
Romans 5:3 TPT
4. We are pressured in every way but not crushed; we are perplexed but not in despair; we are persecuted but not abandoned; we are struck down but not destroyed.
2 Corinthians 4:8-9 HCSB
5. As pressure and stress bear down on me, I find joy in your commands.
Psalms 119:143 NLT
Photo by Ivan Aleksic on Unsplash