In our world, the more you have, the more you’re served. I’ve been to people’s houses where they have a group who serves them and their guests. You can be sitting in the living room and they will bring you drinks and snacks. It feels pretty good to be honest. You can sit there and think, “This is the life!” However, that attitude is opposite of what we are to have. We are called to humble ourselves before God and others. We’re to have the attitude Jesus had which is to serve rather than to be served. The greatest in God’s Kingdom are the ones who make it a priority to serve their fellow man.
Here are some Bible verses on serving others.
1. Be free from pride-filled opinions, for they will only harm your cherished unity. Don’t allow self-promotion to hide in your hearts, but in authentic humility put others first and view others as more important than yourselves.
Philippians 2:3 TPT
2. Take advantage of every opportunity to be a blessing to others, especially to our brothers and sisters in the family of faith!”
Galatians 6:10 TPT
3. For you were called to freedom, brothers. Only do not use your freedom as an opportunity for the flesh, but through love serve one another.
Galatians 5:13 ESV
4. God has given each of you a gift from his great variety of spiritual gifts. Use them well to serve one another.
1 Peter 4:10 NLT
5. But this is not your calling. You will lead by a different model. The greatest one among you will live as one called to serve others without honor. The greatest honor and authority is reserved for the one who has a servant heart.
Luke 22:26 TPT
Photo by fauxels: