Most people will receive some sort of inheritance in their life when a loved one dies. It could be a memento that belonged to that person, material goods, cash or property. Depending on the person and their will, it could be great or small. As believers, we have a great eternal inheritance that we can look forward to. Instead of receiving it in this life, we will receive it in the next. Our Heavenly Father, who happens to be the King of the universe, has one waiting for us because we are His children. Jesus told us He is a good father who gives us good things. While you may or may not receive an inheritance here, know you will receive one in Heaven.
Here are some Bible verses on your inheritance.
1. Then the King will say to those on his right, “Come, you who are blessed by my Father, inherit the Kingdom prepared for you from the creation of the world.”
Matthew 25:34 NLT
2. All praise to God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. It is by his great mercy that we have been born again, because God raised Jesus Christ from the dead. Now we live with great expectation, and we have a priceless inheritance—an inheritance that is kept in heaven for you, pure and undefiled, beyond the reach of change and decay.
1 Peter 1:3-4 NLT
3. And if [we are His] children, [then we are His] heirs also: heirs of God and fellow heirs with Christ [sharing His spiritual blessing and inheritance], if indeed we share in His suffering so that we may also share in His glory.
Romans 8:17 AMP
4. In him you also, when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation, and believed in him, were sealed with the promised Holy Spirit, who is the guarantee of our inheritance until we acquire possession of it, to the praise of his glory.
Ephesians 1:13-14 ESV
5. For we know that we will receive a reward, an inheritance from the Lord, as we serve the Lord Yahweh, the Anointed One!
Colossians 3:24 TPT
Photo by Joshua Sortino on Unsplash