I love the story in Mark 5:25 about a woman who had been hemorrhaging blood for 12 years. She had gone to every doctor and specialist she could find to get the bleeding to stop. She had spent all her money on doctors and treatments, but was worse off than before. She was broke and devastated when she had heard Jesus was in her town. She thought to herself, “If I can just touch the hem of His garment, I’ll be healed.” She didn’t feel like she had a voice to even ask Him for it, nor to even say her plan out loud. When she touched His robe and was healed, Jesus stopped and asked who touched Him. Now she was terrified and afraid to speak up, but Jesus wouldn’t let it go. Finally, trembling she came and spoke up. He lovingly looked at her and said, “Daughter, your faith has made you whole.” God had heard her voice even though she didn’t feel like He would. He hears yours too. Don’t stay silent. Tell God what you need. He hears you.
Here are some Bible verses on God hearing your voice.
1. My voice rises to God, and I will cry aloud; My voice rises to God, and He will hear me.
Psalms 77:1 AMP
2. But truly God has listened; he has attended to the voice of my prayer.
Psalm 66:19 ESV
3. In the morning, O Lord, You will hear my voice; In the morning I will prepare [a prayer and a sacrifice] for You and watch and wait [for You to speak to my heart].
Psalms 5:3 AMP
4. O Lord, hear my voice! Let your ears be attentive to the voice of my pleas for mercy!
Psalm 130:2 ESV
5. I love the Lord because he hears my voice and my prayer for mercy.
Psalms 116:1 NLT
Photo by Greg Rakozy on Unsplash
2 responses to “God Hears Your Voice”
What I love about this story and the verses that you share is that it does not necessarily have to refer to a physical voice; God hears the voice of our heart too!
Yes! Our most inner voice echoes in Heaven. God listens.