If the video doesn’t play, click here.
When you read the New Testament, you find that it talks a lot about how we should live. It describes in detail how your life and actions should be different once you accept Christ into your heart. It’s very clear that we are not saved by those actions, but they should be the fruit of a life that has been changed from the inside out. In other words, our actions should line up with what we profess to believe. The Bible is very clear that there should be a distinction between how we live, act and speak as Christians and those who aren’t.
Just like an apple tree can’t produce oranges, our lives should produce the fruit of the Spirit instead of the fruits of the flesh. You’ve heard the saying that actions speak louder than words. Are your actions confessing Jesus louder than your words? Our faith should be seen through our actions. I love the quote, “Preach at all times. Use words when necessary.” It reminds me that my actions matter because that’s what other people see. Our goal should be that the fruit of our actions points people to Jesus.
Here are some Bible verses on the importance of our actions.
1. Yes, just as you can identify a tree by its fruit, so you can identify people by their actions.
Matthew 7:20 NLT
2. My children, our love should not be just words and talk; it must be true love, which shows itself in action.
1 John 3:18 GNT
3. So now it’s clear that a person is seen as righteous in God’s eyes not merely by faith alone, but by his works.
James (Jacob) 2:24 TPT
4. Oh, that my actions would consistently reflect your decrees!
Psalms 119:5 NLT
5. For if you live according to your human nature, you are going to die; but if by the Spirit you put to death your sinful actions, you will live.
Romans 8:13 GNT