When I was in my early twenties, one of my customers told me, “Chris, you need to get some money together and buy these waterfront lots. They’re only $10,000 each. Opportunities like this don’t come around very often.” Today, there are houses on those lots that cost over a half million dollars. I wish I could say I bought some of those lots, but the idea of $10,000 was insurmountable. I missed that opportunity because I thought the initial cost was out of reach. Opportunity knocks on all of our doors throughout our lives, but too often we don’t answer because of the upfront cost.
I believe different types of opportunities come from God. There are opportunities He gives to bless us, to grow our faith, to share our faith and to do the right thing when no ones watching. Faith is about stepping out when God brings opportunity to our door. It’s about recognizing when opportunities are from Him and seizing them. Yes, there is often an upfront cost associated with opportunities, but the reward on the back end is amazing. It’s time to take a leap of faith and to quit passing up opportunities that God gives us.
Here are some Bible Verses on opportunity.
1. So if you know of an opportunity to do the right thing today, yet you refrain from doing it, you’re guilty of sin.
James 4:17 TPT
2. Use your heads as you live and work among outsiders. Don’t miss a trick. Make the most of every opportunity. Be gracious in your speech. The goal is to bring out the best in others in a conversation, not put them down, not cut them out.
Colossians 4:5-6 MSG
3. Make good use of every opportunity you have, because these are evil days.
Ephesians 5:16 GNT
4. The lazy man does not catch and roast his prey, But the precious possession of a [wise] man is diligence [because he recognizes opportunities and seizes them].
PROVERBS 12:27 AMP
5. Know the importance of the season you’re in and a wise son you will be. But what a waste when an incompetent son sleeps through his day of opportunity!
Proverbs 10:5 TPT