To be confident in something is to have full trust in it. Some people have confidence in themselves, their money, their friends and many other things. Misplaced confidence though can lead to pain and hurt. Instead of placing our confidence in temporary things, we need to place it in God. Do you fully trust God? It’s easy to answer yes when things are going well. Do you trust Him when when you can’t see a way forward or when your world is falling apart? True faith and confidence says, “God, I trust in you no matter what my circumstances are telling me.” That’s the level of faith, trust and confidence we are called to in our relationship with Him. You can have confidence today that whatever you’re facing will work out for your good.
Here are some Bible verses on having confidence in God.
1. For we walk by faith, not by sight [living our lives in a manner consistent with our confident belief in God’s promises].
2 Corinthians 5:7 AMP
2. And we are confident that he hears us whenever we ask for anything that pleases him.
1 John 5:14 NLT
3. Remember that I have commanded you to be determined and confident! Do not be afraid or discouraged, for I, the Lord your God, am with you wherever you go.
Joshua 1:9 GNT
4. But that’s not all! Even in times of trouble we have a joyful confidence, knowing that our pressures will develop in us patient endurance.
Romans 5:3 TPT
5. And now, Lord, for what do I expectantly wait? My hope [my confident expectation] is in You.
Psalms 39:7 AMP