I believe God puts dreams, visions, and plans inside each of us. It’s an amazing feeling when they become a reality. There is a sense of accomplishment and gratitude that comes along with it. What I’ve found is that the more we expect our dreams, visions, and plans to happen, the more likely they will. Our expectations and beliefs drive our actions until we see success.
Sometimes, those dreams, visions, and plans don’t happen. In those times, it’s easy to get discouraged and to lower our expectations and believe that they can’t happen. Below are some verses that have helped me in those times. They have reminded me that my dreams come from God, and it is He who will accomplish them. They also remind me that I can’t do it on my own. I have to get other people involved. The dreams, visions, and plans God gives are rarely just for us. He expects us to share them and use them for His glory.
1. At night when people are asleep, God speaks in dreams and visions.
Job 33:15 GNB
2. And afterward I will pour out My Spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions.
Joel 2:28 AMP
3. Now to Him Who, by (in consequence of) the [action of His] power that is at work within us, is able to [carry out His purpose and] do superabundantly, far over and above all that we [dare] ask or think [infinitely beyond our highest prayers, desires, thoughts, hopes, or dreams].
Ephesians 3:20 AMP
4. For a dream comes with much business and painful effort, and a fool’s voice with many words.
Ecclesiastes 5:3 AMP
5. It is pleasant to see dreams come true, but fools refuse to turn from evil to attain them.
Proverbs 13:19 NLT
6. And the Lord answered me and said, Write the vision and engrave it so plainly upon tablets that everyone who passes may [be able to] read [it easily and quickly] as he hastens by. For the vision is yet for an appointed time and it hastens to the end [fulfillment]; it will not deceive or disappoint. Though it tarry, wait [earnestly] for it, because it will surely come; it will not be behindhand on its appointed day.
Habakkuk 2:2-3 AMP
7. Where there is no vision, the people perish: but he that keepeth the law, happy is he.
Proverbs 29:18 KJV
8. The plans of the godly are just; the advice of the wicked is treacherous.
Proverbs 12:5 NLT
9. Refuse good advice and watch your plans fail; take good counsel and watch them succeed.
Proverbs 15:22 MSG
10. May he give you what you desire and make all your plans succeed.
Psalms 20:4 GNB