Do you know what happens when you neglect a plant? What about a yard? A house? A relationship? Things that get neglected usually die, become unhealthy or get rundown. Most of us live such busy lives that we can’t juggle everything. That means that something begins to get neglected. The Bible mentions several things that we need to make sure we don’t neglect. In fact, we need to make sure we bring life to these things, care for them and develop them so that they can grow, become healthy and get strong. If you’ve begun to neglect these or relationships in your life, it may be time to reevaluate everything on your plate. You may even have to sacrifice some things so that you can tend to what matters most.
Here are some Bible verses on things you shouldn’t neglect.
1. Give respect to your father and mother, for without them you wouldn’t even be here. And don’t neglect them when they grow old.
Proverbs 23:22 TPT
2. Do not neglect to do good, to contribute [to the needy of the church as an expression of fellowship], for such sacrifices are always pleasing to God.
Hebrews 13:16 AMP
3. Do not neglect the spiritual gift you received through the prophecy spoken over you when the elders of the church laid their hands on you.
1 Timothy 4:14 NLT
4. This is not the time to pull away and neglect meeting together, as some have formed the habit of doing. In fact, we should come together even more frequently, eager to encourage and urge each other onward as we anticipate that day dawning.
Hebrews 10:25 TPT
5. Do not neglect to show hospitality to strangers, for thereby some have entertained angels unawares.
Hebrews 13:2 ESV