Autophobia is the fear of having to deal with the difficulties of life all by yourself. More and more this is becoming the greatest fear people have. People have hundreds of “friends” on social media, yet they still feel alone. Virtual friends can offer words of support (if you let them know you’re struggling), but that’s not enough. We want someone to be by outside in moments of trouble. We don’t want to face our problems alone, so much so that it is becoming one of the world’s top fears.
Several years ago, I felt abandoned by everyone, including God. I was at a church service and the pastor said he had a message from God for one person in the room. The message in part was, “I have not abandoned you. I see you in this storm. I am right beside you walking with you through this.” God relieved my autophobia that He had left me alone to fight my battles. I can tell you with certainty that He has not abandoned you either,. He’s there with you now. He sees what you’re going through, and He’s walking through it with you.
Here are some Bible Verses on God’s promise to not abandon you.
1. Turn away from evil and do good, and your descendants will always live in the land; for the Lord loves what is right and does not abandon his faithful people. He protects them forever, but the descendants of the wicked will be driven out.
Psalm 37:27-28 GNT
2. It is the LORD who goes before you; He will be with you. He will not fail you or abandon you. Do not fear or be dismayed.
DEUTERONOMY 31:8 AMP
3. The Lord will not reject his people; he will not abandon his special possession.
Psalms 94:14 NLT
4. Those who know your name trust in you, for you, O Lord, do not abandon those who search for you.
Psalms 9:10 NLT
5. I know what I’m doing. I have it all planned out—plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for.
Jeremiah 29:10-11 MSG