Have you ever heard someone refer to someone else as they’re rock? They’re saying that person was their solid ground and place of safety in unsure times. The Bible often refers to God as our rock. He is an unchanging place for us to stand on when everything else is sinking sand. In our world, there isn’t anything stable anymore that you can rely on or trust in. Everything we have tried to build our lives on or find security in has shifted, crashed or gone away. The only sure thing you and I have to hold onto is God Himself. Some trust in horses, others chariots, but we will r trust in the name of the Lord our God (Psalm 20:7). When your world is unstable, run to the Rock!
Here are some Bible verses on trusting in the Rock.
1. From the ends of the earth, I cry to you for help when my heart is overwhelmed. Lead me to the towering rock of safety.
Psalms 61:2 NLT
2. Turn your ear to listen to me; rescue me quickly. Be my rock of protection, a fortress where I will be safe.
Psalms 31:2 NLT
3. On God my salvation and my glory rest; He is my rock of [unyielding] strength, my refuge is in God.
Psalms 62:7 AMP
4. The Lord is my rock, my fortress, and the One who rescues me; My God, my rock and strength in whom I trust and take refuge; My shield, and the horn of my salvation, my high tower—my stronghold.
Psalms 18:2 AMP
5. Be my rock of safety where I can always hide. Give the order to save me, for you are my rock and my fortress.
Psalms 71:3 NLT
Thanks to Winggo Tse @winggo for making this photo available freely on Unsplash 🎁