On my first trip to Haiti, we stopped at an orphanage right after we landed in Port au Prince. As we met these children and heard their stories, our hearts were overwhelmed. We also heard how God had called this lady to rescue these children that were stricken with disease and left for dead. As the kids soaked up our love, many of us began to cry. We were overcome with the goodness of God in that moment. As I prayed over the kids and our team, I said, “Lord, I now know what it means to have my cup overflow.”
We all know that David mentioned his cup overflowing in Psalm 23. I had always wondered what that meant. I believe it is when God pours out His goodness into our lives so much that we cant contain all that He’s doing. God is good at blessing us more than we can handle when we are good at giving of our time, talent and resources. When you experience the overflow of God’s blessings, you may have to pray like I did and ask God for a bigger cup.
Here are some Bible verses on God pouring blessings out.
1. You prepare a feast for me in the presence of my enemies. You honor me by anointing my head with oil. My cup overflows with blessings.
Psalms 23:5 NLT
2. The threshing places will be full of grain; the pits beside the presses will overflow with wine and olive oil. I will give you back what you lost in the years when swarms of locusts ate your crops. It was I who sent this army against you. Now you will have plenty to eat, and be satisfied. You will praise the Lord your God, who has done wonderful things for you. My people will never be despised again.
Joel 2:24-26 GNT
3. Blessings accrue on a good and honest life, but the mouth of the wicked is a dark cave of abuse.
Proverbs 10:6 MSG
4. I will make them and the area around My hill a blessing: I will send down showers in their season — showers of blessing.
Ezekiel 34:26 HCSB
5. Give, and it will be given to you. They will pour into your lap a good measure–pressed down, shaken together, and running over [with no space left for more]. For with the standard of measurement you use [when you do good to others], it will be measured to you in return.
LUKE 6:38 AMP