All of us are prone to being attacked by the enemy. If you are a Christian, you can expect that the enemy will do whatever he can to disrupt your walk with God and ruin your witness. To help with that, Ephesians 6 describes the Armor of God that each of us can put on. I know people who physically do the motions of putting it on each day. They want to make sure that they are ready for an attack and ready to advance the Gospel.
Even with the armor on, the attacks of the enemy can be overwhelming. He uses circumstances, people around us and anything he can find to hurt us. If you’re in one of those battles, I want to remind you that you’re not fighting alone. God is not only there fighting with you, He’s also defending you from the enemy. Without Him defending us, we would all succumb to the enemy. Thankfully our God is a strong defender who protects His people.
Here are some Bible verses about God defending us.
1. The Lord will defend his people; he will take pity on his servants.
Psalm 135:14 GNT
2. When Your people go out to battle against their enemy, by whatever way You send them, and they pray to the LORD toward the city which You have chosen and the house that I have built for Your Name and Presence, then hear in heaven their prayer and their pleading, and maintain their right and defend their cause.
1 KINGS 8:44-45 AMP
3. Come with great power, O God, and rescue me! Defend me with your might.
Psalms 54:1 NLT
4. How I love you, Lord! You are my defender.
Psalm 18:1 GNT
5. He alone protects and saves me; he is my defender, and I shall never be defeated.
Psalm 62:2 GNT