If you’re like me, you probably lead a busy life. You wake up running behind it seems. There’s so much to do, but so little time to get it all done. Weekends are no better. They seem to be just as busy. Life gets pretty hectic so I want you to take a cue from God. He gave us a day of rest and told us to honor it. He Himself rested on the Sabbath, which means to stop. God not only told us it was ok to stop, He commanded it.
God doesn’t want you to go 24/7/365. He wants you to stop, breathe, relax, and rest once a week. If you do, you’ll find that you will actually accomplish more in six days than you could have in seven. It’s important to know that you have permission to rest. Schedule it. Make it happen. God did it, you can too. Find a day a week to stop, block out the noise, and honor what God said. You have permission from God, now make it happen.
Here are some Bible verses on rest.
1. On the seventh day God had finished his work of creation, so he rested from all his work. And God blessed the seventh day and declared it holy, because it was the day when he rested from all his work of creation.
Genesis 2:2-3 NLT
2. He offered rest and comfort to all of you, but you refused to listen to him.
Isaiah 28:12 GNT
3. The Lord will fight for you, and you shall hold your peace and remain at rest.
Exodus 14:14 AMPC
4. What I’m trying to do here is get you to relax, not be so preoccupied with getting so you can respond to God’s giving. People who don’t know God and the way he works fuss over these things, but you know both God and how he works. Steep yourself in God-reality, God-initiative, God-provisions. You’ll find all your everyday human concerns will be met. Don’t be afraid of missing out. You’re my dearest friends! The Father wants to give you the very kingdom itself.
Luke 12:29-32 MSG
5. Let my soul be at rest again, for the LORD has been good to me.
Psalms 116:7 NLT