Have you felt unsatisfied? Maybe you were hungry and the meal just wasn’t enough. It left you wanting more so you left disappointed or decided to pig out to try to fulfill the craving you had. Its one thing when it’s food, but a whole other thing when life leaves you feeling unsatisfied. We can feel that way especially when we go through tough times. Our mind and soul craves something more. Just like with food, we tend to overindulge. It feels like we’re owed something in those moments because of what we’re going through so we try to satisfy our flesh. I can tel, you that no matter what you try, you will not find the satisfaction you’re looking for doing those things because it’s not your flesh that’s looking to be filled. It’s your soul.
When you try to satisfy your soul by feeding your flesh, you create a greater brokenness inside. God wants us to feed our soul and only He can satisfy that craving. When you’re walking through the dry places, He is the one who can satisfy your needs. When life is going wrong, instead of running from Him, reach out to Him and ask Him to satisfy your soul. Paul knew how to be content with whatever he was facing because he learned how to find soul satisfaction. We quote Philippians 4:13 all the time, but if we back up a couple of verses, we find it’s when we find satisfaction for our soul that we can do all things through Christ. So instead of seeking things today to satisfy your brokenness or your flesh, seek God to satisfy your soul.
Here are some Bible verses on God satisfying us.
1. I am convinced that my God will fully satisfy every need you have, for I have seen the abundant riches of glory revealed to me through the Anointed One, Jesus Christ!
Philippians 4:19 TPT
2. He satisfies all who love and trust him, and he keeps every promise he makes.
Psalms 111:5 TPT
3. For I [fully] satisfy the weary soul, and I replenish every languishing and sorrowful person.
JEREMIAH 31:25 AMP
4. You satisfy my every desire with good things. You’ve supercharged my life so that I soar again like a flying eagle in the sky!
Psalms 103:5 TPT
5. And I will always guide you and satisfy you with good things. I will keep you strong and well. You will be like a garden that has plenty of water, like a spring of water that never goes dry.
Isaiah 58:11 GNT