When most of us were young, we were taught (sometimes forced) to share. As we got older, we began to share less when it became our choice. Sharing is a way to value another person. It sees their situation and says you care enough about them to give them something that is yours. Did you know that sharing is Scriptural? God calls us to look out for the needs of others and to share spiritually, emotionally and financially with what we’ve been given. We’ve all had times when we’ve been in need. We can identify with those who are in need with something we have to share. If you start looking for people to share with, you won’t have to look very far. Be a blessing today.
Here are some Bible verses on sharing.
1. Share each other’s burdens, and in this way obey the law of Christ.
Galatians 6:2 NLT
2. For I long to see you so that I may share with you some spiritual gift, to strengthen and establish you; that is, that we may be mutually encouraged and comforted by each other’s faith, both yours and mine.
Romans 1:11-12 AMP
3. Learn to generously share what you have with those who ask for help, and don’t close your heart to the one who comes to borrow from you.
Matthew 5:42 TPT
4. Whoever has a bountiful eye will be blessed, for he shares his bread with the poor.
Proverbs 22:9 ESV
5. We are confident that as you share in our sufferings, you will also share in the comfort God gives us.
2 Corinthians 1:7 NLT
Photo by Oleksandr Pidvalnyi: