Recently, Meghan Markle married Prince Harry of the British royal family. She was an American actress who was a commoner. Since she married the prince, she has become part of the royal family and has been given the title Duchess of Sussex. She now has the rights and privileges of royalty. She travels the world representing the Crown. Her story has captivated the world giving hope to non-British people that one day they could become part of the most famous royal family,
You and I have been given the privilege of becoming part of the royal family of the King of Kings. When you accept Christ, God adopts you into His family making you a co-heir with Jesus. With that comes the privileges of royalty. God gives us special things as His children. It’s time that you and I start to live as children of the King and receive the benefits that are afforded to us. Don’t let the enemy steal your new identity and keep you from the things God has promised you as His child.
Here are some Bible verses on being a child of God.
1. For then you will be seen as innocent, faultless, and pure children of God, even though you live in the midst of a brutal and perverse culture. For you will appear among them as shining lights in the universe, offering them the words of eternal life.
Philippians 2:15-16 TPT
2. What marvelous love the Father has extended to us! Just look at it—we’re called children of God! That’s who we really are. But that’s also why the world doesn’t recognize us or take us seriously, because it has no idea who he is or what he’s up to.
1 John 3:1 MSG
3. You are the people of God; he loved you and chose you for his own. So then, you must clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience.
Colossians 3:12 GNT
4. May God’s peace and mercy be upon all who live by this principle; they are the new people of God.
Galatians 6:16 NLT
5. But to as many as did receive and welcome Him, He gave the right [the authority, the privilege] to become children of God, that is, to those who believe in (adhere to, trust in, and rely on) His name.
JOHN 1:12 AMP